Basic Contractor Qualifications
These qualifications are intended to be a guideline for contractors interested in bidding on work for the Sierra County Fire Safe and Watershed Council, Inc. Actual specifications will be part of the bid prospectus available for each contract and/or type of work required.
- Three years experience doing fuel reduction or similar work in and around communities documented by three references with contact information related to previous work completed.
- Provide all necessary equipment in good working order and trained operators to complete fuel treatment prescriptions as described.
- Provide all necessary vehicles to support crew transportation and equipment maintenance.
- Provide fire suppression equipment or other apparatus to support fuels treatment operation as necessary.
- Provide license to conduct business in the State of California.
- Provide certificate of comprehensive general liability insurance with a combined single limit, or the equivalent, of not less than $2,000,000 each occurrence for Bodily Injury and/or Property Damage.
BID SELECTION POLICY AND PROCEDURE
Criteria for consideration
- Contractors must meet SCFSWC qualifications.
- Only one prime contractor will be retained for each method of fuel reduction treatment. A contractor may bid the total project.
- SCFSWC will select the "best value" bidder.
Selection of best value bidder includes the following considerations (in no particular order).
- Support of the local economy
- Experience beyond the minimum requirement
- Past performance with contract administrators
- Equipment suitability for site conditions
- Operator experience
- Estimated timeline for completion
Download the Eastern Sierra County Project Bid Document here...