Sierra County Fire Safe And Watershed Council, Inc.
P.O. Box 210 Calpine CA 96124
Agenda- June 26th, 2009
USFS Sierraville Ranger Station Conference Room
10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Approve Agenda June 2009
Approve Minutes April and May 2009
Approve Financial Report
1) Alleghany update - Heather Morrison
2) Eastern Sierra County project update- Danielle Banchio:
3) Sierra City Community meeting- Mike DeLasaux: Postcards announcing the meeting have been sent out
and a presentation by Steve Fowler, RPF, will highlight the meeting.
4) New grant opportunities- Cindy Noble: A new grant program has just been announced on June 18th. It is
the 2010 Western Wildland Urban Interface Grant Program and it appears to be aimed right at SCFSWC.
5) Loyalton Pines USFS meeting- Quentin Youngblood
6) Forest Service update- Quentin Youngblood
7) Loyalton cleanup report- Mike Freschi: The cleanup was very successful. Around 80 cars went to the
landfill for scrap metal.
8) Title III funding - Cindy Noble/Mike Freschi: Issues are still being sorted out as this agenda is being
9) Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP) update- Cindy Noble/Mike Freschi
10) Feather River Regional Water Management Group MOU- Mike Freschi
11) Fuel treatment maintenance- Cindy Noble
12) Sierra County Visitors Guide- Mike Freschi: Should the SCFSWC have a presence in the guide next
13) Bylaws update- Mike Freschi: The Bylaws have been found in Word format so updating will be much
11:00 am- Jerry Hurley, Plumas County Fire Safe Coordinator will present an over view of the Plumas Fire Safe
Next meeting: Friday, July 31st , 2009, 10:00am to 12:00 pm at the Sierra County Child Care Council Office,
209 Main Street Sierra City.